Monday, November 10, 2008

Easton's real birthday should have been November 9, 2007 which was yesterday. He would have been one year old. We celebrate his birthday on July 10, 2007 because that is when he was born, but I still think of November 9 as his birthday too.
Missing him while he is gone
Dreaming of his face
Not wanting to forget what little time we had together
Aching to know what he is like
An experience not lost, but kept hidden inside
Sometimes the pain it burns too harshly
And other times I’ll smile
Because I know that he is watching over us
Sweet precious little boy
The sadness can fade, but the memories do not
Silence at his grave, his final resting place
Warm loving arms embrace our hearts
Knowing it is not the end
A little stab, I’ll sometimes feel
To remind me of the loss
But I know one day I’ll have you back
My son, my perfect one

2 comments:

Amanda and Nick said...

You will see him again one day and I can't wait to meet him either : ) You are such a strong person and I really admire that about you! Easton really was perfect and you are so blessed in the sense that you KNOW you will see him and that you had a perfect child.

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

I was so sad when I learned of the loss of your precious son. I'm sure the pain of it never goes away. I want you to know you have been in my prayers many times and I pray that God gives you the peace that passes all understanding that He speaks of in His Word.

I found a blog through my sister-in-law and as I was reading it I immediately thought of you. I wanted to send you the link becuase I am hoping that it will give you some encouragement and bless you the way it has me.

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

You'll want to go to the part on the side where you can start from the beginning. It is a long story but I think it will be worth the read.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!