Monday, July 17, 2017

Easton Turns 10...

July 10, 2017
I have lived ten years without you here
I have laughed with my children
Wondering what your laugh would sound like
I loved you then, just as I love you now
You are etched into my heart,
Sewn into my tears
Waking up at night, and feeling you near
I look to the shadows
And wonder if you are there.
An angel a star my hope in the clouds
Whispering to you, but there is no sound.
How could it be ten years, since that day?
The ironic thing is, I can’t wish it away.
Because you are as real to me
As the flowers in my garden that bloom for you,
The sunlight that warms my face
And the rain that drowns out my sorrows.
My tiny boy, my perfect son.
I hold the key to a space in my soul
It will always stay locked
Until that day, when I can set it free
And for one sweet moment,

It will just be you and me.


No comments: